This year at IGGPPCamp, we are all about having a season of self care. While self care can take many forms, paying attention to your skin can have a positive impact not only on the health of your skin, but your mental health as well. So let’s talk toner!
I like to use a toner water after I wash my face or take my make up off, and as my skin can be pretty sensitive, I like to use very natural things on my face. So I made this toner to spray or wipe my face with after cleansing. It helps rebalance the skin and make it ready for moisturizing (which I do a lot of because LA is hot and dry, folks).
For this one I am using a 2oz (about 60ml) amber glass spray bottle, but you can apply the same measurements to any size, just double or triple the amounts!
I prefer to use a clear glass because it helps with the measurements (as you’ll see later)
You will need:
- 1 glass bottle of your chosen size (mine has a spray top for convenience)
- Pinch of salt
- Witch hazel
- Essential oils of your choosing (I use mainly tea tree with a lavender back up)
- Aloe Vera gel (optional extra)
1. Put a v small pinch of salt in your chosen spray vessel. You only need enough to help the oils break down and mix with the witch hazel and rose water.
2. I have sensitive skin, so I like to use lavender for its balancing and calming effects, and tea tree for any oiliness or spots that may be lurking. For a 2 oz bottle I use 2 or 3 drops of tea tree and 1 or 2 drops of lavender. Swirl the bottle so the salt and oils mix together.
3. Fill the bottle 2/3 (ish)full with witch hazel (magic stuff). Swirl again.
4. Fill almost to the top with the rosewater. Secure the lid, shake well, and voila!
BONUS OPTIONAL INGREDIENT: If you’ve caught some sun or its hot and you need extra cooling, add a little blob of aloe Vera gel and shake well. It helps to calm and sooth any hot bits you might have.
Thanks to Primrose (who may just be a magical unicorn) for this totally great toner! Follow her on Instagram @thepostulator for more lovely things!