As we continue our celebration of all things 90’s, we realized our staff has mixed emotions. (Haven’t met our staff? Head to this page to get to know them!) Therefore, the IGGPPC HQ were asked to tell their most loved and hated memories from the 90’s. Some of our staff members thought the 90’s were all that and a bag of chips, while others would sooner skip from the 80’s straight into the 2000’s… and while some of our staffers think that 90’s lovers are Clueless, others are hopped up on Surge and doing the Macarena.
10 Reasons We Love the 90’s
- Joanna always knew exactly where in the world Carmen Sandiego was.
- Stewie is one of only 5 known contestants who successfully assembled the silver monkey at the shrine on “Legends of the Hidden Temple.”
- Rosa had a guest appearance on “Boy Meets World” as an extra in a classroom scene. Right next to Rider Strong.
- Jen got front row tickets to see Hanson, and snuck back stage to make out with Taylor.
- Summer was invited to a pizza party and sleepover with Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen.
- Toasty was the most popular kid in school after winning Nickelodeon’s Super Toy Run.
- Stewie had over 600 Beanie Babies, which she would pile on her bed and dive into whenever she wanted.
- Farquharson started the slap bracelet craze of 1992.
- Kim co-authored the theme song from the “Fresh Prince of Bel Air.”
- Jen was the undefeated champion of Diddy Kong Racing.
10 Reasons We Hate The 90’s
- All of Rosa’s gel pens ran out of ink at the same time.
- Toasty lost a rare Pink Ranger slammer in a cut-throat Pog tournament on the playground.
- Summer’s Tamagotchi died when she went away to Summer Camp for the week. His name was Ricky.
- Despite hours of blowing into the game cartridge, as instructed by her friends, Joanna was never able to get Zelda II to properly run in her NES.
- Jen had no desire to “Spice up her life,” and was quite frankly offended at the request.
- Farquharson bitterly watched every episode of Twin Peaks, knowing she’d have to wait at least 15 years for it to really catch on.
- Summer had a hole in her Lisa Frank fanny pack, and unbeknownst to her, and her favorite My Little Pony, Applejack, fell out, never to be seen again.
- Kim’s Teddy Ruxpin doll became possessed and began whispering things from the Necronomican to her in her sleep.
- Stewie was never fully convinced that Clarissa had, in fact, explained it all.
- David Duchovny never responded to Summer’s heartfelt fan mail, which included a very sensual Glamour Shot.
Disclaimer: This post is a joke – most of the stuff on this list isn’t true. Sorry to disappoint iggles! Why did you love or hate the 90’s? Share your memories with us in a comment!