Find out what supplies you’ll need to participate in our camp crafting and cooking activities below!
If needed, here is a Metric/Imperial conversion tool.
Arts & Crafts
MORE COMING SOON!
Blanket Fort Bunting
A quick and simple craft to make your blanket fort super festive!
- Coloured or patterned paper / card
- Glitter / anything you want to decorate with!
- Ribbon / string
- Hole punch
Easy Custom Cards: Secret Message Owl
It’s an easy craft to make paper owl that can carry your secret messages!
- At least 1 sheet of thick paper (white or colored)
- Black or dark felt pen
- Cutter (optional but recommended)
- Piece of cardboard leftover to protect your table
- Paper and pen to write a little note
- Optional : printer (if needed, but the design is simple to draw), a pencil, glue, a post-it
Explore Yourself: A Map of You!
Let’s go on an adventure exploring what makes YOU tick! By dumping out the contents of your brain into a snazzy, crafty homemade map.
- Black marker
- Grocery store paper bag, or several loose sheets of any paper
- Tape (clear tape is a must, washi is optional)
- Optional: extra map fixin’s: craft supplies you’ve got lying around will work. examples: markers, crayons, colored pencils, paint, any kind of glue, foil, craft paper, glitter, sequins, magazines/pictures you can chop up, embroidery floss and a needle, even.
Fish and Ball Game (easy DIY)
Create a cup and ball game in the form of a paper monster fish, ready for hours (or at least minutes) of fun !
- Cardboard / thick paper (at least 2 square of 15*15cm or 20*20cm + 1 bit of paper for the tail)
- A big bead (wood or plastic, something light)
- A string (and a needle)
- Glue (optional: double-face adhesive tape)
- Pinking scissors and normal scissors
- Adhesive tape
- Marker / beady eyes / stickers to decorate the fish
Hatch Your Own Dinosaur Egg
Make your own IGGPPCamp adventure companion with this pop-up dinosaur egg craft!
- A popsicle stick
- Cardstock (plain, colourful, or patterned)
- Glue and/or tape
- A pen
Magic Carpet Mug Rug
Have you ever wanted your own magic carpet? Here’s your chance to weave one using a cardboard loom. Just make sure to keep your drink on it so it doesn’t fly away!
- Worsted weight yarn (each one takes about 10 grams)
- Piece of cardboard (the one that I used was 28×40 cm/11 x 15.5″”)
- Measuring tape/ruler
- Large-eyed needle
No-Equipment DIY Stickers
Come draw with us! These DIY stickers are super easy to make and they are perfect for sending to a pen pal or using in your journal.
- White drawing paper
- Drawing utensils
- Clear wide tape
- Parchment paper
- If you don’t feel like drawing, you can also use pretty pictures torn from magazines!
This year we’ll be painting our own IGGPPCamp Map! We have spent many years wandering around the camp completing various activities, enjoying food and drinks, and even having fun or pranking fellow campers. Now it’s time to paint it! From the Nurse’s Cabin to the Library, let’s head on over to the Arts & Crafts cabin and let’s get to painting!
- Canvas – which every size you feel comfortable working on.
- Camp Map as reference material
- Paint Brushes – whatever you feel comfortable working with given the size of your canvas. Pencil & Eraser (to help to sketch points onto canvas as painting if wanted)
- Paints – Use map image to help you find or mix your paint colors. (you don’t have to be exact, it’s okay!)[basic suggestions: White, Blue, Red, Brown, Black, Green]
Food & Drink
What kind of adventure is your IGGPPCamp 2022 – something thrilling? Something magical? Or a cosy campfire adventure? Pick your favourite toppings and create a popcorn treat to represent your own personal adventure!
- Popcorn (sweet or salty – your choice)
- Toppings – choose any toppings you desire based on what kind of adventure you want! Ideas include fruits, nuts, chocolate, marshmallows, wasabi peas, your favourite candies or cookies, sprinkles…
Foil Package Meals
Foil packages meals/snacks, are a great solution not only for camp, but for a picnic, road trip, even to take to work! So stick around and after IGGPPCamp 2022, you will have breakfast, lunch/dinner and a snack, for your recipe repertoire.
Foil package Breakfast: French toast
- 6 slices toast preferably stale bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of fruits/dry nuts at your choice
Foil package Lunch or Dinner: Chicken Fajitas
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite Mexican spice mix
- Salt and pepper
- 2 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2-3 medium bell peppers cut into strips
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Sliced avocado
- Tortillas (flour or corn)
Foil package Dessert: Cookie Smores
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup sugar + more for sprinkling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Your favorite chocolate cut into chunks
- Mini marshmallows
With its grassy slopes, perilous snow, and fierce volcano summit, Mount Nachos is no ordinary plate of nachos! Can you make it to the top and plant your flag on this delicious mountain?
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Guacamole – you can make your own by crushing up an avocado and adding some salt and lime.
- Salsa – you can make your own by dicing some tomatoes and adding ingredients such as red onion and lime.
- Some hot (or not-so-hot) sauce – optional!
- A cocktail stick and some paper/washi tape