Welcome to the first day of IGGPPCamp! We at Iggle Fitness have created a boot camp style Fitness Challenge to get you all ship shape by the end of the week. Each day we will have a drill sergeant on Twitter (@IggleFitness) encouraging you along and giving out hints and tips about fitness and health. For every activity we want you to get involved and send us a picture on Twitter, we’ll specify on the day what we want to see!
Each day we will also have two levels of activities so that everyone and anyone can join in, you just choose the level which best suits your ability. The only exception to this is today as everyone needs to warm up properly: just do it in your own time if you can’t do it as quickly as is mentioned.
As it’s the first day we thought it best to have you all warmed up and limber for the rest of the week!
- March on the spot for 3 minutes – knees up and pumping your arms in time with your steps. Start marching on the spot and then march forwards and backwards.
2. Heel digs, aiming for 60 in 60 seconds – keeping a slight bend in your supporting leg, place alternate heels to the front and keep your toes pointing up.
3. Knee lifts, aiming for 30 in 30 seconds – keeping your abs tight and back straight, lift up alternate knees to touch the opposite hand.
4. Shoulder rolls, 2 sets of 10 repetitions – marching on the sport, keeping your arms hanging loose by your sides, roll your shoulders forwards 5 times and backwards 5 times.
5. Knee bends, 10 repetitions – stand with your feet hip width apart and your arms out straight in front of you. Bend your knees and lower no more than 10cms, come up and repeat.
The picture we want to see today is of your choice of footwear for working out; make sure you use the #IGGPPCamp and #IggleFitness
Hope you all enjoy your warm up session; we look forward to seeing you tomorrow!