A couple of summers back I made a pink lemonade pie which I renamed the ‘Pinkie Pie’. As I stated in my blog post from 2013, “pink lemonade tastes like there’s a party in my mouth!” This pink lemonade pie was definitely a ‘Pinkie Pie’.
I remade the pie last week during the bake-along and it turned out just as yummy. This is the recipe and directions I followed.
1 1/4 cups of honey graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup of melted butter or margarine
6 oz. can of pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
8 oz. container of Cool Whip, plus more for topping
Red food colouring (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a 9″ pie plate. Press the mixture firmly to the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Bake crust for 7 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and cool completely.
3. Whisk together pink lemonade and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl until combined.
4. Gently fold in Cool Whip. I added a couple of drops of red food colouring to make the mixture more pink, but it stayed a very pale colour and I didn’t want to overload the filling with dye so I just left it. Add sprinkles to the top if desired. I used blue sugar on mine.
5. Spread filling evenly in cooled crust and freeze until solid. When serving, top each piece with more Cool Whip.
Have you made any animation-inspired recipes before? Remember to check out the Food forum to see what’s happening each month and to share recipes and pictures. Or use #igglescook to share your creations online!