When witches go riding and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers Halloween is near!
Halloween is all about costumes, spooky things and sweets, lots and lots of sweets. So what better way to celebrate it by joining two of the most appreciated things about Halloween… SPOOKY and SWEETS!
The recipe I’m using is a super simple chocolate chip cookie, the only thing that I’m altering is the ingredient that transforms them into Spooky Cookies. If you want a different kind of cookie, you can also transform them by using this simple ingredient.
Tis the season to be SPOOKY!
Spooky Cookies Ingredients:
- 8 tbsps butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed light
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Special ingredient: black gel food coloring
Double double, toil and trouble. Fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Spooky Cookies Method:
- Pre-heat your oven at 350F/175C.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the butter to a bowl, mix in both sugars and the vanilla.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Next add the flour and baking soda.
- Now, for the special ingredient. I used 1 teaspoon, but this depends on the ingredients that you use; you may need more or less or the exact same amount as I did. My tip? Add the color little by little and mix well every time you add it.
- Combine the chocolate chips.
- In a tray, spoon the dough, as big or as small as you want! I think these spooky cookies look gorgeous when they are big!
- Put the tray in the oven for about 9-15 minutes, time depends on how big or small you made your cookies. Mine were big and they were in the oven for about 13 minutes.
- Let them cool and enjoy the spookiness!
Tip: use metal or dark rubber utensils and a glass bowl. This is so nothing is dyed from food coloring in the end… And as for you, don’t forget to use gloves, just in case!