What’s a pen pal club without a steady flow of geeky and adorable stationery!?
This month’s swap gets back to the basics of snail mail creation: every good letter starts with a fun message written on some awesome stationery to wow your recipient. This swap is a chance to freshen up your stash by trading supplies with your fellow iggles. All varieties of materials are welcome, whether you want to share items with unique designs or featuring your favorite fandoms. Goodies may be premade or stuff you’ve created yourself!
- Sign up will be open until JUNE 10.
- The swap info email will be sent out shortly thereafter. You’ll be linked to a spreadsheet containing everyone’s contact info.
- You have until JUNE 30 to contact each other to requests swaps AND mail your swaps out. The sooner the better.
HOW IT WORKS
- This is a PROACTIVE swap, meaning you are responsible for exchanging info with other iggles.
- Suggested: limit yourself to 2 partners. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE. If you request many swaps, you’re still expected to mail everything by the deadline.
- Feel free to discuss details of what will go into your swap with your partner(s)!
- Suggested $5 spending limit per swap. Again, you may choose to go above and beyond, but there’s NO PRESSURE to spend tons of money. It’s the thought that counts!
WHAT TO SEND
At minimum you’ll send blank, unused sheets of paper, greeting cards, and/or postcards featuring premade or handmade designs. You can send goodies with a geeky twist, or just use this opportunity to shower your recipient with cute, fun goodies.
- You may send extras but this is not required.
- Examples: washi tape, envelopes, stickers, erasers, rubber stamps, markers, pens, or non-stationery items like candy, jewelry, toys.
- Store-bought items are a-ok.
- Handmade items are absolutely encouraged, especially handwritten letters.
- This swap is organized by staffer Kara. She is available to help with any questions or concerns, so don’t hesitate to reach out. You can email her iggleswaps(at)gmail(dot)com or tweet @iggleswaps.
- If you’re unable to complete your swaps, please notify Kara and your swap partners. Life happens, it’s cool! But please be considerate to your partners and keep them updated.
- Anyone who fails to complete swaps without reasonable notice may be banned from participating in future official IGGPPC swaps, at staff discretion. This is to keep things fair!
- Safety is our utmost concern. You can read our community safety guidelines here.
SHOW US YOUR SWAP HAUL!
Show us whatcha got on Twitter or Instagram by tagging @iggleswaps @geekgirlpenpals or by using #IGGPPC #IggleSwaps! You can also come into our community Discord and chat with other iggles in the #swaps channel!