Welcome to IGGPPC’s Official Geeky Santa Gift Swap!
Ho ho ho, Geeky Santa is coming to town! The holiday season marks one of our biggest swap events of the year!! In this swap, iggles all over the world will send and receive packages full of merry holiday cheer in the form of small gifts and treats with a personalized, geeky twist.
WHAT IS A GEEKY SANTA SWAP?
A LITTLE BIT GEEKY: When you sign up to swap, you’ll answer questions about your faves including your geek loves. This is to help your Geeky Santa personalize your gift for you.
AND A LITTLE BIT SECRET SANTA: Everyone sends and receives ONE package. Participants will be paired at random. What makes this swap extra special is the iggle you prepare a package for is NOT the same iggle who will be sending a package to you!
- International shipping is quite expensive, so you can choose to swap domestically only.
- Note: we cannot guarantee another person from your country will sign up.
- The sooner you ship, the better. The postal service is swamped with holiday mail in December! We recommend allowing 2 weeks minimum for shipping, especially internationally.
- We will have a MANDATORY check in form to let us know when you have mailed your package. This keeps the swap fair.
- If you are unable to mail your package by the deadline, please notify swap organizer Kara immediately.
- Sign up form closes: Saturday, November 17th
- Expect a match email by: Sunday, November 18th
- Mail your package by: Saturday, December 8th
WHAT COUNTS AS GEEKY SANTA GIFTS?
You can choose to buy one big gift or multiple smaller items. When you receive your pairing email, read your partner’s details very carefully, because the gift you create for them should be tailored to their preferences. Be as creative as you’d like – the package itself does not necessarily have to be holiday themed. Extreme geekiness is heartily encouraged!
- Suggested spending amount: USD $20, however we do NOT enforce a limit.
- Note: Keep in mind that your Geeky Santa may not necessarily spend the same amount as you spend.
- Homemade gift items are encouraged, but all edible treats must be store bought and non-perishable.
- You may reveal your identity OR remain anonymous, but at least identify yourself as “Geeky Santa”.
SWAP ANGELS TO THE RESCUE!
Occasionally, a package gets lost in the mail, or someone has to drop out of the swap. To remedy this situation, we ask for iggles to volunteer to be “swap angels”! Swap Angels are wonderfully kind iggles who go the extra mile and send an extra package to the person who never received theirs. Note: this is a random act of kindness and angels do not receive a package in return.
Becoming a swap angel is optional. If you’d like to be an angel for this swap, tick the check box on the sign up form. If an angel is needed, you’ll be contacted with more info on how to complete your assignment.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
This swap is managed by Kara, who can be reached via email or Twitter. Do not hesitate to reach out to her if: you are confused about instructions, you ever feel unsafe during a swap, you receive an inappropriate gift, or your package doesn’t arrive. All inquiries are welcome.