IGGPPC is turning ELEVEN!
Each year we celebrate the founding of our community with a snail mail exchange (of course!) of birthday cards. Check out our about page (https://geekgirlpenpals.com/about/) to learn the story behind our community and how we’ve grown since we began in March 2013. Toot your party horn and grab a fistful of confetti to throw, and get ready to (mailbox) party with your fellow iggles!
THIS IS A PROACTIVE SWAP!
Everyone who signs up will be added to a spreadsheet which will be emailed to all participants. You are responsible for contacting fellow iggles to request swaps. You may request as many as you wish, but please be considerate and do not accept more swaps than you can handle.
- Sign up: February 20 – 29
- A link to the participant spreadsheet will be emailed out March 1.
- Mail your cards by March 31. The sooner the better!
The idea is to send each other cheerful birthday greetings – in the form of greeting cards, postcards, or letters – to celebrate this wonderful community together. You may include optional surprises such as candy or stickers, but keep in mind – the birthday greeting itself is the only requirement.
- Your birthday greetings may be either hand made or store bought!
- You may delete your contact info from the spreadsheet once you decide you have enough swaps.
- You may decline international swaps. Please note: this may limit the amount of swap requests you get.
- Review the safety guidelines for our community. Decline any swaps that make you feel unsafe and contact Kara immediately.
- All swap participants must also abide by our community’s Terms & Conditions.
Show off your haul!
We LOVE to see what you receive. Post pictures to Discord under #birthday-card-swap or tag @geekgirlpenpals on Instagram to be featured in our stories.
Can’t finish your swaps?
Life happens, we understand. If you’re unable to complete your swap, please notify Kara and all of your swap partners ASAP. Anyone who fails to complete a swap without notice may be banned from participating in future official swaps, at staff discretion.
Questions or concerns?
This swap is managed by Staffer Kara who can be reached via email. Don’t hesitate to contact her with any inquiries or safety concerns.
ARE YA READY, IGGLES? SIGN UP BELOW!
On a mobile device? Click here to go directly to the form.