Are you a member of the IGGPPC Community? Do you want to create content for an audience of geeky inclined peeps around the world? Do you need to beef up your writing portfolio? Do you want to qualify for Press Passes to your local nerd conventions? Then you definitely want to write for our blog, +5 Charisma!
We’re seeking bloggers to cover the following topics:
- Geeky Beauty Bloggers (tutorials/how-tos)
- Interviews of geeky business owners or celebs
- Gaming: tabletop, video, mobile
- Nostalgia: 80’s and 90’s culture
- Science: both educational and newsworthy
- Crafts and DIY
- Cosplay, especially how-tos
- Educational content about countries around the world/various cultures (especially if you can represent your own country and culture!)
- Geek social issues
- TV reviews of specific shows (please pitch the show(s) you want to cover)
- Geek 101 – introducing people to new fandoms and topics in a simple 101 style
In particular, we are seeking diverse and international voices in the geek community, so if this is you and you’ve got an idea (even if not listed above), feel free to send us your pitch!
We are NOT seeking:
- One time or Guest contributors
- “Tech” pieces about equipment, apps, devices, etc.
- Paid promotions (i.e. you cannot buy blog space)
- Anything that cannot connect back to a fandom or topic of interest to our community. Do your research and see what we’re about before you pitch.
PLEASE NOTE: We receive too many submissions to respond to pitches that fall into these categories. If you submit one of these pieces, you will not receive a response.
We want our writers to:
- Be active members of the IGGPPC community
- Be passionate about geek culture and fandoms
- Be familiar with WordPress (or willing to learn)
- Have a fun, engaging, conversational tone
- Encourage each other by sharing ideas and engage in creative team brainstorms
- Write at least 350 words per post
The fine print:
Because IGGPPC is a 100% volunteer-run community, we do not have income at this time to pay a stipend to writers. However, we do provide experience with pitching, basic SEO skills, and editorial feedback, as well as full byline credit for your work and credentials if you wish to apply as press for conventions and events in your local area.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
If you’re interested in writing for +5 Charisma, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your pitch. Please include the chosen topic you would like to cover (and please be SPECIFIC: give us YOUR PITCH, please do not reach out to us asking what you should write), and at least 1 writing sample of around 500 words. Bear in mind that the content must fit within the realm of our community’s interests. We look forward to seeing your amazing work on our blog!