A few weeks ago I tried a recipe that came straight from the Scott Pilgrim comic! In Volume 2, Stephen shares with us his recipe for vegan shepherd’s pie. Now, I am not a vegan so I used milk and actual butter but I believe the fake meat stuff used in this recipe is vegan friendly (not 100% sure..but I am sure if you’re a vegan reading this you’re familiar with your meat options).
All I did was follow the recipe but since he doesn’t give measurements I just kinda played that part by ear…so I will share my measurements with you.
1. I didn’t get potatoes to boil em, mash em and stick em in this pie (reference). My mom found this bag that had 5-6 medium sized potatoes that you can microwave and it cooks em for you.
2. I only pictured one celery stick but I actually used two.
3. I only used 1/2 of the onion because I don’t like onion that much.
4. The jar of garlic is what I used and two teaspoons = two cloves.
5. I used 2 tbs of butter and 1/4 cup of milk for the potatoes.
6. I used 3/4 cup of milk for the veggie/fake meat stuff mixture.
Everything in the comic panels is how to make it vegan, everything I used is how to make it vegetarian.
NOW LETS GET TO IT!
This mess is DELICIOUS!
Seriously…go make it.
Until next month, IGGLES!