Good morning campers! My name is Toni and whether it’s cold or warm where you are I welcome you to get out of your tent and get ready to make some swag!
Here is what you need:
- Button design made in Photoshop, GIMP, Button Biz button software, sketchbook, etc.
- Button punch machine
- Button cutter for size of button machine
- Printer and paper to print button design
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Button supplies (shell, mylar and, backing)
Let’s get started!
1. After your design is printed, cut the paper into strips to make it easier to punch out the designs. You can use a paper cutter or scissors.
2. Using your button cutter, punch out the designs.
4. Gather the punched designs and all your button supplies. Everyone has their own system of where to put everything in relation to the button punch machine. This is how I arrange everything. Do what’s best for you!
8. Line up the pin backer so that the backer is facing the opposite way as the design. This is important otherwise your button will be punched upside down. The loop of the closed pin needs to be facing toward the bottom of the design.
16. Repeat steps 5 through 15 for as many designs as you have.
Did you make a pinback button from today’s tutorial? I’d love to hear and see them in the comments! You can also contact me on Twitter (@LttleHouseCraft) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for your achievement code! 😀
Wondering what kind of button machine to buy? Tecre is the brand to choose! It’s pricey but worth it!