Fandom Food Friday: Bob’s Burgers Cupcakes
I am back this month with another Fandom Food recipe for your fandom food indulging needs! This month is brought to you by one of the many shows I can watch over and over and never get tired of, Bob’s Burgers.
What is it about this show that makes it so brilliantly made and hilarious? Tina Belcher, actually…but that’s a whole different story. HERE ARE SOME CUPCAKES THAT LOOK LIKE BURGERS FOR YOU!
Back when I made these, I had the hardest time. Usually I go into these Fandom posts with a plan or some kind of idea on how I am going to do it but this time was more like a ‘lets see what works as I go’ thing.
I apologize in advance for the lack of photos. Once I messed up I was in ‘fix it’ mode and just did it without photographing the process. I will try my best to explain the process though!
Here is what you’ll need:
1. A box of chocolate brownies
2. Yellow cake (or white/vanilla and you can dye it)
3. You probably don’t need two cans of frosting but its better to be safe than sorry!
4. Food coloring (green, yellow and red for ‘condiments’)
5. Small cookie cutter
Just follow the instructions on both of the boxes and bake them both.
You can make one and while that’s cooling make the other, or if you’re impatient like me shove them both in the oven at the same time (both used the same oven temperature which helped).
With the cupcakes you have two options:
1. With a serrated knife, trim the ‘muffin top’ off of the cupcakes to make them the same size so that you have even buns then cut the cupcakes in half to have a top and a bottom.
2. Cut the cupcakes in half and only use the bottoms from each so that you don’t have a darker top and a lighter bottom. (this is what I did).
3. With the brownies, flip them out of the pan and lay it on a flat surface. With the cookie cutter cut out the ‘meat patties’. You can discard the extra brownies or eat them OR even better crumble them and make brownie pops (similar to cake pops).
4. Open a can of frosting and divide it into three bowls. With food coloring color one bowl yellow, one green and one red. Fill three piping bags or three ziplock bags with the tips cut off (one bag per color).
5. Now build your burger and hold it together with a toothpick.
They’re like mini cupcake sliders!
Ways to improve this recipe (things I found out after I made them):
1. Use shredded coconut tinted green with food coloring as lettuce
2. Make some Sugar Cookie ‘french fries’ by making a sugar cookie dough meant for cut out cookies (the ones that don’t spread when baking). Pop the dough in the fridge for a bit. Cut the dough into strips with a knife or pizza cutter then pop the cut out fries into the freezer for 5 minutes. Bake as directed via the package or the recipe. Once they’re baked sprinkle with sugar to look like salt. You can even get fancy and make some more ketchup colored frosting as dipping sauce!
I hope this recipe proves to be something fun for you all!
I will be back next month with another fun fandom food treat for ya!
Don’t forget to follow me over at my main blog A Geek and Her Oven
for more geek awesomeness and future fandom food stuffs!