What do you think of when you hear the word ‘Alien’? Personally, I think of little green creatures with upside-down teardrop heads and black eyes. So when I was brainstorming and looking up alien-themed recipes this month, anything lime (or slime) green stood out to me. What did I come up with? Let me introduce you to an Alien Jello Parfait! They’re not only slime-green and covered in creepy eyeballs, but they’re tasty too!
Lime Jello Powder (or any green-coloured gelatin powder)
Candy eyeballs (I picked up a pack by Wilton)
1. Add 1 1/2 cups of boiling water to jello powder in a bowl. Stir for approximately 2 minutes, or until powder is dissolved.
2. Whisk in 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping.
3. Pour mixture into glasses or serving bowls. I was able to fit all of it into two tall glasses.
4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. I left mine for about 3 hours.
5. Take your jello out of the refrigerator. At this point, spoon extra whipped topping (or real whipped cream if you like) on the top of your thickened parfait. Top with candy eyeballs. Eat and enjoy!
I think this dessert is fantastic – it’s super easy, you can switch up the flavours and toppings, and it’s really good! It was a nice, light dessert and the whipped topping makes the top layer really creamy.
Let me know if you try out this recipe or have made any other alien-inspired treats!