THIS SWAP IS NOW CLOSED
|Sign ups open||March 1|
|Sign ups end||March 7|
|Matches announced||March 8|
|Mail packages by||ASAP to ensure arrival near our Birthday on March 19|
Let’s celebrate the IGGPPC’s birthday by swapping birthday cards!
In order to sign up, please read through this page and find the sign-up form at the bottom of this page!
Can you believe the IGGPPC is turning another year older? Let’s celebrate in style by swapping birthday cards with our community members! The Birthday Card swap is a proactive swap, which means it’s up to you contact people and swap addresses!
How the swap works
- When sign ups are open, fill out the form below.
- When matches are announced, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of all the people who signed up. Now it’s up to you to go through the sheet and contact the people you want to swap with! Grab the email address and send them an email requesting their mailing address.
- Once you have their address, mail out your cards by the mailing deadline!
- Reached the maximum number of people you want to swap with? Remove your information from the sheet! Only remove your own personal information, do not touch anyone else’s!
- Mail out your cards ASAP! Please keep in mind that sending a card internationally can take up to 3 weeks, and we want cards to arrive around our birthday on March 19!
What do send your partner
We are swapping Birthday cards of all types! This means they can be store-bought or handmade. You can send as many cards as you want, along with any other special surprises like candy and stickers, but you are only required to send 1 Birthday card. Since this swap celebrates the birthday of the club, why not write to your partner about how you found out about the club, or any cool things that the club has brought into your life!
Share pictures of your swaps!
We encourage everyone to share images of their swaps! Tweet, Instagram, and Snapchat pictures of your haul to @iggleswaps / @geekgirlpenpals, and using #IGGPPC / #IggleSwaps!
Attention those ages 13-17, aka House Granger
People who want to sign up who are ages 13-17 (aka House Grangers): you must get permission from your parents before signing up!
Requested mailing check in
You are REQUIRED to notify us as soon as you have mailed ALL your cards. Use this Check In Form to do so! The check in is part of our accountability system.
Signed up, but can’t swap anymore?
If something comes up and you cannot finish this swap email me ASAP. If you do not finish this swap without letting me and your partner know, you will not be allowed to participate in the next official package swap.
Questions, concerns, complaints?
This swap is managed by the lovely Swap Prefect, Michelle! You can reach her via email. Reasons for contacting include: you never hear back from your partner, you receive an inappropriate swap, your package doesn’t arrive, you can’t complete a swap, etc. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions at all!