IGGPPCamp 2017: DIY Face Scrub (Sugar Scrub)
This year at IGGPPCamp, we are all about having a season of self care. Self care can look different for everyone, but sometimes a little pampering facial will do the trick, and it’s made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
This face scrub is so good for emptying out all the ick from your face, thanks to magical baking soda. Honey and cinnamon have great antiseptic and nourishing properties, and sugar gives it that nice scrubby feeling on your skin.
I tend to keep it in a jar, but anything airtight will do. It doesn’t have to be refrigerated, but if you do, warm it up with the pot or jar sat in some hot water to help the honey melt again before you apply it to your face.
You will need:
- 1 jar or airtight container
- Granulated sugar
- Baking soda
- Honey (I prefer raw but it’s not essential)
- Cinnamon powder
- Water (unicorn cup, optional)
1. Start with dry ingredients first. Add 1 tablespoon each of baking soda, sugar, and cinnamon, to the jar or container you’re using. Mix thoroughly.
2. Add 4 tablespoons of honey and mix well. This can be messy, but as long as you keep a damp cloth or paper towel nearby, you should be fine.
3. At this stage the scrub is complete, however I like to add a little bit of water to thin the consistency. Usually about a teaspoon. Once everything is mixed together, the scrub is ready to be used! I usually put a generous amount on and scrub as I go, then leave for 5-10 minutes (depending on how runny it is and whether I’m in the bath!). Rinse with water and a face cloth and enjoy that smooth, clean skin.
PRO TIP: The scrub will settle out between uses, as I tend to only do it once a week. When this happens, just mix it back up and it’s good to go.
SECOND PRO TIP: Follow up with my tea tree and lavender toner spray for a refreshing and pretty natural routine. (Come back Sunday!)
Thanks to Primrose (who may just be a magical unicorn) for this fabulous face scrub! Follow her on Instagram @thepostulator for more lovely things!