Halloween Party 2017: Pumpkin Pancakes and Zombie Blood Sauce
Spooky morning, everyone!
Are you ready to start the day with the perfect Halloween Breakfast?
When I was a kid, I usually had to sneak to the kitchen to prep my breakfast, so I could eat it as I watched the weekend cartoons! I think this is the best memory and tradition I have from childhood. But now that adulting is a thing, I guess time for breakfast and cartoons in the morning is a rare activity!
So what better activity for our Sunday Hallowiggles Party? Let’s watch spooky (funny&cute) cartoons as we eat Halloween Breakfast!
I choose to share with you all a super yummy recipe: Pumkin Pancakes with Zombie Blood!
It’s so easy! First the Pumpkin Pancakes.
Pumpkin Pancakes Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup of milk (or buttermilk)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/4 cup of oil (or butter)
- oil or butter extra (to coat your pan)
Pumpkin Pancakes Method:
- Start by mixing all the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another.
- Next, mix the dry ingredients into the wet. Don’t over mix, stir until just combined. ( 😉 )
- Heat a pan with a little oil (butter) and add some of the mix. The size is up to you, if you want smaller or bigger pancakes.
- The pancakes will be ready to turn when you start seeing bubbles on the top. Although be careful and put the heat in a low medium. It’s better for them to take a little longer than to burn and not be cooked.
When you have all your pancakes ready, it’s time to go hunt a zombie and drain all is blood…
MUAHAHAHAHAHAH! HA! HA! HA!
For the Zombie Blood, I’m using is a chocolate sauce that you drizzle over the pancakes!
Zombie Blood Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 tbsps of butter
- 5 tbsps sugar
- 3 tbsps of chocolate powder
- 3 tbsps of milk
Zombie Blood Sauce Method:
- Just add all the ingredients in a little sauce pan.
- Put the stove on medium heat, stir for 5 minutes, and it’s ready for your pancakes.
Here is the result!
How many are you eating?
Kiss&Hugs, Mafalda (JustCombined)